it was awesome! there was dancing and woohoo-ing and general merriment. and everyone was happy.
so, @halsparks tried to change his @twitter profile to reflect this new OFFICIAL website's url ( http://halsparks.com ) and remove the myspace address he'd been using. after several attempts ( @twitter kept defaulting back to the old myspace address with no explanation of why ), he finally got it to save the new OFFICIAL website. yay! right? WRONG! this change caused @twitter to LOSE HIS @verified STATUS. *gasp*
and everyone was sad. :(
shortly after this, one @mrskutcher lost her badge as well because she changed her profile photo. upon discovery, her badge was returned. and with a quickness, i might add.
another @twitter campaign was started with a new hashtag of #reverifyHal. still, the cries went unanswered.
then! there was an error message from @twitter, @emilypinkerton ( whoever she is ), @verified informing @halsparks that he had been DENIED VERIFICATION. wtf? why? what reason could there possibly be for this?
- at every interview
- every wednesday on the radio ( @SMShow for Humpdays with Hal )
- on his weekly streaming show ( saturdays at noonish pst ) his @twitter username is displayed on the screen
- in his zazzle store, he has shirts with @halsparks and the #charmageddon hastag on them
- his business cards have his @twitter info on them
- his OFFICIAL @twitter feed is on his OFFICIAL website
- he's been SEEN TWEETING on TMZ
- hell, he even mentions @twitter in his stand-up act
May, 20 2010 under self